Sunday 28 October 2012

////

One Weekend, Two Cities.

So last week I hopped on a taxi, to get on a plane, to get on a train and after a bit of stress navigating the Parisian rail system I met Michael in Gare Du Nord. We only had a short time in Paris, but Michael allowed me to indulge in my passion and visited Le Centre Pompidou.
So I allowed him to indulge his.
(banana and nutella crêpe)

The highlight was going to Montmarte and visiting two iconic sights from two of our favourite films.

The Moulin Rouge itself and Le Café des Deux Moulins, which is the café on which the film Amélie centers around. Although it was both surreal and lovely to be sitting in a café from one of our favourite films, we both felt a bit disenchanted. It was so much smaller than it seemed in the film and it didn't maintain the hues of golds and greens that Amélie portrays. But I suppose that's just real life for you, it was lovely none-the-less.

          
We then spent the rest of the weekend in Dijon, where I finally got to enjoy some French food which I've been so jealous of Michael having. Cheeses, fine wines and an expertly cooked steak at Hotel Le Sauvage. I think it's fair to say that food and cooking (and drinking) are a big part of our relationship! We spent a whole day wandering round the city centre, looking in the little shops that sold flavored liqueurs and thinking about what cocktails we could use them in. I think it's fair to say that by Sunday I was not ready to leave Dijon.


                   


0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment